Thursday, November 13, 2014

Review: Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by: J. R. Ward

Title: Lover Awakened
Author: J. R. Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #3
E-Book

A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a past filled with suffering and humiliation. Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister deeds, he is a savages feared by humans and vampires alike. Anger is his only companion, and terror is his only passion-until he rescues a beautiful aristocrat from the evil Lessening Society. 

Bella is instantly tranced by the seething power Zsadist possesses. But even as their desire for one another begins to overtake them both, Zsadists thirst for vengeande against Bella's tormentors drives him to the brink of madness. Now, Bella must help her lover overcome the wounds of his tortured past, and find a future with her. 

-------------------------
Quick Summary: While saving Bella, she saves Zsadist.

My Review:

My absolute favorite part of this story is the character progression. I really seem to enjoy when a broken and battered person can come back and be an even better person. This novel was slightly less captivating to my tastes than the last but I still found myself staying up late reading it. I think I finished this one at 2 in the morning. I guess its a good thing my hubby is working nights :) Outside of the main romance story that saves a man from his tortured past and a woman from a life she is not interested in, there is story progression with other characters. I have a large curiousity about John and how it will work out with him.

We see some big changes in this novel that I see affecting future novels very deeply. I still get bored easily with the lessors chapters and find myself skimming quite a bit through these parts. One thing I can tell you is you can read this book without reading the lessor chapters but you get more information if you do.

Future Novels:

The next story in this series is Lover Revealed. I have decided not to read the summary before starting the book which I won't be doing immediately as I have a ton of other things to read to and need to bounce around some :) Though I am sure I will be back at it in short order, I really love this series. I am really hoping Lover Revealed is going to be about Vishous, but based on the title I think Phury has a good chance of being the protagonist.

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment