Thursday, November 27, 2014

Review: Reflected in You

Reflected in You by: Sylvia Day

Title: Reflected in You
Author: Sylvia Day
Series: Crossfire #2
E-Book

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

--------------


Quick Summary: Continuing story of Giddeon and Eva are back. While trying to deal with personal issues,  bigger things are out to destroy this relationship.

My Review: Oh my, my, my. Where to start?!?!? I was frustrated with alot of this book and still couldn't seem to put the thing down. I knew there was something big going on but I couldnt put my finger on it. I did not predict the twist in this story though in hindsight I probably should have. I just found myself riding Eva's emotions with her and it put my head in a hazy cloud. I was having a hard time stepping back and seeing the bigger picture. While this was incredibly frustrating, it was also enjoyable.

The plot in this story is very impressive and I love how so many little pieces built such a big picture. It made me look at my life and realize a few things honestly. Little pieces I missed cause I was caught in that hazy cloud of emotions, love and trust take so much effort and focus that sometimes you dont see other things that are going on till far after the fact.

I am kinda all over the place with this review and I apologize. I have a hard time explaining without spoiling and there was so much to this book. If you loved the first one and find this one hard to get into please just truck on through the ending is SOOOO worth it.

The only small issue I have other than the frustration due to events and emotions, is the writing. I feel it was a bit drawn out and sometimes a bit repetitive with certain concepts. I see now where that might have been necessary but it made reading more difficult at the time.

Future Novels:
All in all a great story and I am anxious for the finale in Entwined in You which I will be reading soon!!

Happy Reading. And Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment