Thursday, November 20, 2014

Review: Shiver of Light

Shiver of Light by: Laurell K. Hamilton
Series: Merry Gentry #9
Genre: Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Publication Date: 06/03/2014
Audiobook
12hrs 42 Minutes




Merry Gentry, ex-private detective, now full-time princess, knew she was descended from fertility goddesses, but when she learned she was about to have triplets, she began to understand what that might mean. Infertility has plagued the high ranks of faerie for centuries. Now nobles of both courts of faerie are coming to court Merry and her men, at their home in exile in the Western Lands of Los Angeles, because they will do anything to have babies of their own. 



I waited so long for another Merry novel. I have always enjoyed this series and I just couldn't see the last book being the end. This could just be me being selfish cause I love the story so much but I wanted to see more of what happens after the happily ever after. This book did not disappoint though I cant say its the best novel in the series. I enjoyed the story and I am once again crossing my fingers that this is not the end of the story!!


I was kinda surprised about the limited amount we see of other characters. This book is highly focused on Merry and how she has developed since the last novel. Both in magic and in power, building her new kingdom. You see a little character development in the men and quite a bit in the queen for the little we see of her. I found myself more upset with the loss we experience in this novel then I really expected to.

The pacing and plot in this book was very typical of Laurell K. Hamilton's books. This is in no way a bad thing just you start to see a trend after reading so many of her novels. I can say the same about Piers Anthony and he is one of my favorite authors ever!



Looks like another wait and see....



No comments:

Post a Comment