Thursday, October 9, 2014

Review: Dark Lover

Dark Lover by: J. R. Ward

Title: Dark Lover
Author: J.R. Ward
Series: The Black Dagger Brotherhood #1
Pgs. 1128
E-book

The only purebred vampire left on the planet and the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who killed his parents centuries ago. But when his most trusted fighter is killed-orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate-Wrath must put down his dagger and usher the beautiful female into another world.
Racked by a restlessness in her body that wasn't there before, Beth Randall is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes to her at night with shadows in his eyes. His tales of the Brotherhood and blood frighten her. Yet his touch ignites a dawning new hunger-one that threatens to consume them both.

-----------------------------------


Quick Summary:  A vampire bent on being alone vows to protect a young women after her father is killed. While trying to avenge his death he finds himself falling for her.

My Review:

Dark Lover had a hard start. It took me several chapters before I got hooked. Honestly if my sister hadn't begged me to read it, telling me how amazing she thought the story was I probably would have set it down after the first few chapters. I am so very glad I didn't!! It was an amazing story and refreshingly different then other vampire novels I have read. The take on vampires is different and the growth of several of the characters in the book had me falling in love.
The book has different chapters in different perspectives. I enjoyed most of them but when I cam on a Mr.X part I found myself skimming or would put down the book for the night. After finishing the book I understand the need for the various points of view but it did make the book a bit harder for me to get through.

Future Novels:
YES!! There are more books in this series!! The next one is lover eternal. However each book in the series, at least for the next several, is about a different brother. I think this will be exciting but I hope we still see where Wrath and Beth's relationship goes too!! I guess we shall see!!

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment