Thursday, October 16, 2014

Review: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by: James Dashner


Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Series: Maze Runner #1
E-book
Pgs. 890
When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He is surrounded by strangers-boys whose memories are also gone.
Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out-and no one's ever made it through alive.
Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

-----------------------------

My Review:

I will be honest here. There is two reasons I read this novel. Reason one, the movie came out and I must read the book before I can see the movie. Reason two, my sister loved it and insisted I read it. Now my sister and I are like day and night but we do tend to agree on books. However this of course will not happen 100% of the time. Like now. I thought The Maze Runner was just okay. That being said there could be several reasons for my disinterest here such as, my interest in books being away from dystopian at the present and leaning more toward romance, or my life being too busy to really give this book the concentration it deserves. None the less I read it when I did so here is how I feel about it now.

I was slightly bored with the way it played out. It felt very drawn out to me without enough action. The story was intriguing though and it kept me from putting the book down permanently. I keep trying to guess what is going to happen without enough evidence to support my conclusion. I like the main character but don't have a lot of feelings toward any of the others.

Future Novels:
There are three more books in this series. Well two sequels and a prequel already published. I am going to listen to the The Scorched Trials and hope that it keeps my attention better than reading The Maze Runner did.

No comments:

Post a Comment